Our veg patch isn't doing very well this year but our strawberries have flourished. I love strawberries and they just look gorgeous at the moment.
I have been itching to try and bake a cake in a teacup and found this recipe from my Muffins and Bakes cook book for warm strawberry cupcakes baked in a teacup.
8 tbsp butter
4tbsp strawberry jam
4oz caster sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
4oz self raising flour
icing sugar , for dusting
1. Grease 6 heavy, round teacups with butter. Spoon 2 teaspoons of jam into the bottom of each cup
2. Cream butter and sugar
3. Gradually add the beaten egg and vanilla essence
4. Sift in the flour mixing well.
5. Spoon into cups.
6. Stand cups in a roasting tin, then pour enough hot water to come up 1/3 of the way up the sides of the cup.
7.Bake for 40 mins at 180 degrees C until well risen and when a skewer is inserted it comes out clean.
8.Leave to cool for 2-3 mins.
9.Place a few whole strawberries on each cake, dust with icing sugar
10. Serve warm with remaining strawberries